Wine tasting note
The 2012 vintage of the Cuvee Lamothe Pontac Medoc has a beautiful garnet hue with purple hues. The nose is expressive and complex, with hints of ripe fruits evolving into subtle shades of spice. On the palate, the fresh attack remains very fruity. Good balance, melted tannins and a long finish.
Out of stock
2012 • Notebook
Spring was a complex period to deal with in the vineyard, with heavy rainfalls in April during the bud break – when the buds start to appear, but the summer conditions were excellent for the vegetative cycle, with a really warm weather in August. Scheduling the best date for the harvest was a crucial issue in order to acheive the optimum ripening of the berries without risking them to be damaged by the rain of late September and October.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 9 months of barrels.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork
- Recommended storage period : 5 to 10 years
The AOC MEDOC Lamothe Pontac cuvee is very aromatic and fresh. It will be the perfect companion for a grilled duck breast, or a seven-hour lamb, but its less tannic typicity will also allow you to enjoy it with lighter dishes, such as asparagus, white meat barbecue and mixed salads. For cheese, it could go well with Comté, Chaource or Pont-l’Evêque.
5 to 10 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°