The 2016 vintage of Lamothe Pontac reveals a ruby color, with violet hues. Its very aromatic nose exhales black fruits. Pure aromas of blackberry and cassis are enhanced by subtle spicy notes. In the mouth, a franck attack and the explosiveness of the fruit, underlined by a medium acidity. A modern wine with a long finish and good acidity.
2016 • Notebook
2016 brings together all the criteria for a very good vintage. The winter was mild and rainy, and the spring relatively cool, with a slow vegetative period. From the end of June, the vintage changed radically in profile, with very sunny Summer and beginning of autumn, allowing a homogeneous flowering, a good fertilization, and a veraison in good conditions.The ripening cycle of the grapes took place in a context of strong thermal amplitudes, ensuring ideal conditions, and allowing to reach an optimal maturity and concentration of sugar in the grapes.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 9 months of barrels.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork
- Recommended storage period : 5 to 10 years
The AOC MEDOC Lamothe Pontac cuvee is very aromatic and fresh. It will be the perfect companion for a grilled duck breast, or a seven-hour lamb, but its less tannic typicity will also allow you to enjoy it with lighter dishes, such as asparagus, white meat barbecue and mixed salads. For cheese, it could go well with Comté, Chaource or Pont-l’Evêque.
5 to 10 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°