Wine tasting note
The 2015 vintage of Lamothe Pontac presents a rather dark and beautiful bright ruby color. The very expressive nose on ripe fruits also reveals toasted aromas of coffee and light minty notes.
In the mouth, the texture is very pleasant with pretty aromas of blackcurrants and gooseberries. The tannins are velvety and the acidity is balanced. Elegance, originality and a pleasant sensation in the mouth, no doubt we are in Bordeaux!
2015 • Notebook
The 2015 vintage is a synergy of two exceptional vintages, the 2005 and the 2010. Nature offered us optimal climatic conditions throughout the vine cycle, which enabled us to harvest at full maturity all of our plots.The maturation phase was optimal with soft wind to limit the humidity in the clusters and thus the appearance of botrytis.This vintage gives wines of great aromatic richness, with an interesting tannic structure.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 9 months of barrels.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork
- Recommended storage period : 5 to 10 years
The AOC MEDOC Lamothe Pontac cuvee is very aromatic and fresh. It will be the perfect companion for a grilled duck breast, or a seven-hour lamb, but its less tannic typicity will also allow you to enjoy it with lighter dishes, such as asparagus, white meat barbecue and mixed salads. For cheese, it could go well with Comté, Chaource or Pont-l’Evêque.
5 to 10 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°