The 2014 vintage of Lamothe Pontac has a garnet color with ruby hues. Its engaging nose reveals aromas of black and red fruits, as well as toasty notes, with a slight touch of spices. The mouth is concentrated. It is a well-balanced wine with tight tannins and a beautiful structure. A savory Medoc wine, full of character.
Awards and press comments
Gilbert & Gaillard
2014 • Notebook
Eventually, a good vintage! After a rainy and mild winter, the spring was marked by strong thermal variations making the growth a litle jerky. The summer was a bit cold and rainy but miraculously, the Gironde has experienced an exceptional Indian Summer that helped winemakers to gain confidence. September and October were sunny and hot, allowing the complete maturation of the different grape varieties. The grapes were harvested in excellent climatic conditions for all grape varieties and allowed to reach the level of a great vintage.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 9 months of barrels.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork
- Recommended storage period : 5 to 10 years
The AOC MEDOC Lamothe Pontac cuvee is very aromatic and fresh. It will be the perfect companion for a grilled duck breast, or a seven-hour lamb, but its less tannic typicity will also allow you to enjoy it with lighter dishes, such as asparagus, white meat barbecue and mixed salads. For cheese, it could go well with Comté, Chaource or Pont-l’Evêque.
5 to 10 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°