Wine tasting note
Insula Amphora is a hymn to the wine of the origins, back to the Romans. You will discover a wine made to focus on the expressions of the fruit, with intense flavours, both for the nose and the palate.
Out of stock
Livraisons France métropolitaine à partir de 6 bouteilles tous vins confondus.
Rewards and Press Comments
2016 • Notebook
Vintage 201 6 : is a synergy of two exceptional vintages, the 2005 and the 2010. Nature offered us optimal climatic conditions throughout the vine cycle, which enabled us to harvest at full maturity all of our plots. The maturation phase was optimal with soft wind to limit the humidity in the clusters and thus the appearance of botrytis. This vintage gives wines of great aromatic richness, with an interesting tannic structure.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Havest : This microcuvee is a selection of qualitative wine plots, harvested and destemmed by hand. The winemaking process is completely made in terracotta containers called “amphorae”. Everything happens in the most natural way. We chose a type of amphora that, while respecting the tradition, allows us to control winemaking and oenological processes. The porosity of the terracotta gives the must a regular oxygenation, like the oak barrel, but unlike the latter, it does not give it taste, odor or toast flavors of any kind. The jars are indeed “neutral”. They also reduce the acidity of the wine and round off the tannins.
- Bottling : on site, at the Chateau
- Cork : Natural Cellaring : 2 to 9 years
- Cellaring : 2 to 9 years
INSULA “Amphora” offers a new journey for wine amateurs. This wine is slightly more oncentrated in natural antioxidants and reveals all the expression of mature fruits. We can appreciate it from aperitif, but also on slowly cooked dishes like a “Lamb’s shoulder”. At the end of the meal, INSULA “Amphora” can also nicely pair with dark chocolate.
2 to 5 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME