Wine tasting note
The first vintage of the INSULA “Amphora” micro-cuvée is a beautiful discovery. The colour is quite dense, with purple highlights. The nose is intense, with pronounced notes of red fruit jam, powerful chocolate notes and a little smoky. It’s a very beautiful nose, greedy. On the palate, we find a beautiful expression of the fruit, with a hint of acidity.
Livraisons France métropolitaine à partir de 6 bouteilles tous vins confondus.
Rewards and Press Comments
2015 • Notebook
The 2015 vintage is a synergy of two exceptional vintages, the 2005 and 2010. Nature has provided us with optimal climatic conditions throughout the vine cycle, which has allowed us to harvest all our plots at full maturity. This vintage gives wines of great aromatic richness, with a tannic structure.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Havest : This microcuvee is a selection of qualitative wine plots, harvested and destemmed by hand. The winemaking process is completely made in terracotta containers called “amphorae”. Everything happens in the most natural way. We chose a type of amphora that, while respecting the tradition, allows us to control winemaking and oenological processes. The porosity of the terracotta gives the must a regular oxygenation, like the oak barrel, but unlike the latter, it does not give it taste, odor or toast flavors of any kind. The jars are indeed “neutral”. They also reduce the acidity of the wine and round off the tannins.
- Bottling : on site, at the Chateau
- Cork : Natural Cellaring : 2 to 9 years
- Cellaring : 2 to 9 years
INSULA “Amphora” offers a new journey for wine amateurs. This wine is slightly more oncentrated in natural antioxidants and reveals all the expression of mature fruits. We can appreciate it from aperitif, but also on slowly cooked dishes like a “Lamb’s shoulder”. At the end of the meal, INSULA “Amphora” can also nicely pair with dark chocolate.
2 to 5 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME