The 2017 White Cuvee of Château Poitevin unveils a beautiful light yellow color, limpid. The nose is typical, fresh, voluptuous, with notes of peach, apricots and citrus. The mouth has tonic aromas. A wine with the right balance, on a slightly acidic finish. A lot of character for this bright wine with a strong typicity.
Out of stock
Rewards and Press Comments
2017 • Notebook
The 2017 vintage proved that climate variability can affect wine production and requires oenologists to closely monitor the impact of the weather conditions on maturation. After a mild winter and spring, the budding took place early and the vines grew well. Flowering was very homogeneous, the summer was neither hot nor cold and the conditions were good for ripening. However, the first rainfalls of September forced the winemakers to take strategic decisions, making 2017 a vintage of composure and patience. The Vignobles Poitevin were not affected by frost nor hail, allowing to harvest a beautiful vintage.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 45 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Hand-picking in 2 stages, transport in small crates
- Pressing : Vertical press with dry ice
- Fermentation : 24-hour settling, transfert to new oak barrels, and vinification process on Oxoline – a patented metallic structure allowing to put each barrel on rotating rollers, for an easy rotation of the barrels without opening them, without any supply of oxygen, and therefore a limited addition of sulfites.
- Aging : 8 months on lees, in new oak barrels placed on Oxoline for battonage.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : DIAM cork
- Recommended storage period : 2 years
The white blend of Château Poitevin where Sauvignon Blanc dominates, will beautifully pair with fish and seafood. It is also an ideal companion to goat cheeses, especially Loire and Touraine cheeses. You could also choose it for a food and wine pairing with an Asian recipe, as its acidity will balance the spicy character of your dish.
2 to 3 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
10° – 12°