Wine tasting note
2016 Château Poitevin Blanc has a limpid golden color, exuding an expressive and complex nose, with hints of fruit and white flowers. The palate reflects the same harmony between the freshness of the fruit and the roundness of Sauvignon. A nice Bordeaux white wine, fruity and mineral.
2016 • Notebook
2016 brings together all the criteria for a very good vintage. The winter was mild and rainy, and the spring relatively cool, with a slow vegetative period. From the end of June, the vintage changed radically in profile, with very sunny Summer and beginning of autumn, allowing a homogeneous flowering, a good fertilization, and a veraison in good conditions.The ripening cycle of the grapes took place in a context of strong thermal amplitudes, ensuring ideal conditions, and allowing to reach an optimal maturity and concentration of sugar in the grapes.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 45 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Hand-picking in 2 stages, transport in small crates
- Pressing : Vertical press with dry ice
- Fermentation : 24-hour settling, transfert to new oak barrels, and vinification process on Oxoline – a patented metallic structure allowing to put each barrel on rotating rollers, for an easy rotation of the barrels without opening them, without any supply of oxygen, and therefore a limited addition of sulfites.
- Aging : 8 months on lees, in new oak barrels placed on Oxoline for battonage.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : DIAM cork
- Recommended storage period : 2 years
The white blend of Château Poitevin where Sauvignon Blanc dominates, will beautifully pair with fish and seafood. It is also an ideal companion to goat cheeses, especially Loire and Touraine cheeses. You could also choose it for a food and wine pairing with an Asian recipe, as its acidity will balance the spicy character of your dish.
2 to 5 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
11° – 12°