Wine tasting note
The 2012 vintage of Château Moulin de Canhaut reveals a beautiful garnet color. Its fruity nose, with notes of crushed blackberries and blueberries, is also accompanied by oak aromas. In the mouth, it is a wine with a velvety texture, rich, with a nice tannic profile and good acidity. This Cru Bourgeois has the character of a beautiful Medoc wine, concentrated, complex and layered.
Awards and press comments
Concours des Vignerons Indépendant
2012 • Notebook
Spring was a complex period to deal with in the vineyard, with heavy rainfalls in April during the bud break – when the buds start to appear, but the summer conditions were excellent for the vegetative cycle, with a really warm weather in August. Scheduling the best date for the harvest was a crucial issue in order to acheive the optimum ripening of the berries without risking them to be damaged by the rain of late September and October.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 12 months of barrels, with an average of 30% new oak barrels. The quality and the intensity of heating of the barrels are chosen according to the typicity of each batch.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork that have been checked for not presenting any TCA bacteria
- Recommended storage period : 10 to 15 years
Château Moulin de Canhaut is a typical Medoc wine to pair with grilled red meats, deep dish recipes, ragouts, blanquette of veal, as well as with special Pauillac lamb, game, and of course with many cheeses like Brillat-Savarin, Reblochon, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Stilton Cheese.
10 to 15 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°