Wine tasting note
The 2016 vintage of Château Moulin de Canhaut is dark in color and offers floral aromas, as well as dark berries, licorice, chocolate and sweet cherries. Round, fleshly, forward and fresh, the voluptuous mouth mixes freshness and roundness: an explosion of ripe fruit, well-extracted tannins and balanced acidity. A beautiful expression of a promising vintage in Medoc!
Awards and press comments
Concours des Vignerons Indépendant
Concours des Vignerons Indépendant 2018
Jonathan Choukroum Chicheportiche
Gault & Millau
2016 • Notebook
2016 brings together all the criteria for a very good vintage. The winter was mild and rainy, and the spring relatively cool, with a slow vegetative period. From the end of June, the vintage changed radically in profile, with very sunny Summer and beginning of autumn, allowing a homogeneous flowering, a good fertilization, and a veraison in good conditions.The ripening cycle of the grapes took place in a context of strong thermal amplitudes, ensuring ideal conditions, and allowing to reach an optimal maturity and concentration of sugar in the grapes.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 12 months of barrels, with an average of 30% new oak barrels. The quality and the intensity of heating of the barrels are chosen according to the typicity of each batch.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork that have been checked for not presenting any TCA bacteria
- Recommended storage period : 10 to 15 years
Château Moulin de Canhaut is a typical Medoc wine to pair with grilled red meats, deep dish recipes, ragouts, blanquette of veal, as well as with special Pauillac lamb, game, and of course with many cheeses like Brillat-Savarin, Reblochon, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Stilton Cheese.
10 to 15 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°