Wine tasting note
The 2015 vintage of Château Moulin de Canhaut has a beautiful purple color. On the nose, it is a very attractive wine with savory notes of blackberries and black fruits, liquorice and spices. On the palate we find a lot of roundness and richness, structured by soft tannins and hints of oak, without masking the complexity and structure of this wine. A very successful vintage for this Cru Bourgeois.
Awards and press comments
2015 • Notebook
The 2015 vintage is a synergy of two exceptional vintages, the 2005 and the 2010. Nature offered us optimal climatic conditions throughout the vine cycle, which enabled us to harvest at full maturity all of our plots.The maturation phase was optimal with soft wind to limit the humidity in the clusters and thus the appearance of botrytis.This vintage gives wines of great aromatic richness, with an interesting tannic structure.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 12 months of barrels, with an average of 30% new oak barrels. The quality and the intensity of heating of the barrels are chosen according to the typicity of each batch.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork that have been checked for not presenting any TCA bacteria
- Recommended storage period : 10 to 15 years
Château Moulin de Canhaut is a typical Medoc wine to pair with grilled red meats, deep dish recipes, ragouts, blanquette of veal, as well as with special Pauillac lamb, game, and of course with many cheeses like Brillat-Savarin, Reblochon, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Stilton Cheese.
10 to 15 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°