Wine tasting note
The 2014 vintage of Château Moulin de Canhaut reveals an intense color with ruby hues. The nose is very expressive, with lots of ripe fruit and subtle notes of tobacco. On the palate, the wine is juicy and well constructed, with a structured texture, silky tannins and good acidity. It should prove even better with a few years of aging.
Out of stock
Awards and press comments
Concours des Vignerons Indépendant
2014 • Notebook
Eventually, a good vintage! After a rainy and mild winter, the spring was marked by strong thermal variations making the growth a litle jerky. The summer was a bit cold and rainy but miraculously, the Gironde has experienced an exceptional Indian Summer that helped winemakers to gain confidence. September and October were sunny and hot, allowing the complete maturation of the different grape varieties. The grapes were harvested in excellent climatic conditions for all grape varieties and allowed to reach the level of a great vintage.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 12 months of barrels, with an average of 30% new oak barrels. The quality and the intensity of heating of the barrels are chosen according to the typicity of each batch.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork that have been checked for not presenting any TCA bacteria
- Recommended storage period : 10 to 15 years
Château Moulin de Canhaut is a typical Medoc wine to pair with grilled red meats, deep dish recipes, ragouts, blanquette of veal, as well as with special Pauillac lamb, game, and of course with many cheeses like Brillat-Savarin, Reblochon, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Stilton Cheese.
10 to 15 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°