Wine tasting note
2013 Château Moulin de Canhaut is purple in color. On the nose, its expressive bouquet combines aromas of red fruits and cassis, as well as toasty and vanilla aromas, well integrated. The round, ample and sweet mouth has fruity and greedy aromas of fresh fruit, licorice,
And chocolate. Despite the challenging vintage, it is a good Medoc wine, combining freshness, structure and roundness.
Awards and press comments
Concours des Vignerons Indépendant
Gilber et Gaillard
2013 • Notebook
After an extremely rainy and cool winter, a late but homogeneous bud break, the spring did not keep its promises, with a winter-like month of May that made the growth slow and difficult. Despite the warm and sunny summer, stormy rains prevented us to acheive a great vintage. The grape harvest proved to be complex, with a careful sorting process to eliminate the immature and damaged berries. The 2013 vintage remains an interesting vintage.
- Pruning : Double Guyot method
- Culture : To avoid the use of herbicides, the area between the rows of vines is grassed over at all times.
- Leaf stripping : Leaf thinning of the fruit bearing part of the vine
- Treatments : Use of agro-chemicals in compliance with the Terra Vitis Certification
- Average Yield : 47 Hl/Ha
- Harvest : Plot selection according to quality and mechanical harvest
- Pressing : Vertical press.
- Fermentation : Low-temperature Maceration, alcoholic fermentation in thermo-regulated vats to preserve the freshness of the fruit and long vatting.
- Aging : 12 months of barrels, with an average of 30% new oak barrels. The quality and the intensity of heating of the barrels are chosen according to the typicity of each batch.
- Bottling : On-Site bottling, on bottling line complying with the ISO 9002 standards.
- Cork : Natural cork that have been checked for not presenting any TCA bacteria
- Recommended storage period : 10 to 15 years
Château Moulin de Canhaut is a typical Medoc wine to pair with grilled red meats, deep dish recipes, ragouts, blanquette of veal, as well as with special Pauillac lamb, game, and of course with many cheeses like Brillat-Savarin, Reblochon, Sainte-Maure-de-Touraine, Stilton Cheese.
10 to 15 years
ALCOHOL BY VOLUME
16° – 18°